ThreeBond 1521 is an all-round adhesive whose main component is chloroprene synthetic rubber. It is widely used not only for soft materials such as rubber and leather, but also for hard materials such as metals.
· Has strong initial bonding strength, and does not lose elasticity after bonding.
· Can be used easily with no need for bothersome work such as measured blending or heating.
Appropriate for bonding of homogeneous or heterogeneous materials, such as the following:
- Metals : Iron, aluminum, duralumin, brass, copper
- Plastics : Vinyl chloride sheets and films, methacrylate resin, phenol resin, urea resin, styrol resin, epoxy resin
- Nonmetals : Concrete, mortar, hardboard, paper, wood materials, leather, canvas, ceramics, textile, glass, bamboo
- Rubbers : Natural rubber, isoprene, SBR, NBR, neoprene
State Light-brown amber viscous liquid
Major component Chloroprene synthetic rubber and phenol-based resin
Nonvolatile matter 26%
Viscosity 2.8Pa s (2800cP) 25°C
Specific gravity 0.91 25°C
Set-to-touch time 8 to 10 minutes 25°C, 80%RH
Viscosity duration 8 to 30 minutes 25°C, 80%RH